Honeywell to showcase new first responder gear, SCBA, wireless threat monitors, firefighter empowerment programs at Fire Department Instructors Conference
New technologies, scholarship and assistance programs to be highlighted at booth #1610
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) will demonstrate its newest premier firefighter protection and detection solutions -- ranging from particulate-resistant turnout gear and improved breathing apparatus to software that helps fire departments better manage their assets and assigned inventory -- at the Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) to be held April 25-29 at the Indiana Convention Center.
In addition, Honeywell will host 25 firefighters at FDIC as co-sponsor of a unique annual scholarship program that provides advanced training for first responders who’ve demonstrated a passion and commitment to training within their department. Honeywell is also co-sponsoring a separate program to help local municipal governments secure grants to purchase personal protective equipment, including turnout gear, hoods, boots and accessories for firefighters.
A variety of first responder technologies and products will be demonstrated at the Honeywell booth.
“To help firefighters meet the intense physical challenges and perils on today’s fireground, Honeywell has developed new material capabilities and innovations in sensing technology, software and electronics that provide better protection, comfort and performance,” said Ken Schmidt, vice president, Honeywell First Responder. “Our solutions are developed from years of experience, customer feedback and design engineering to better protect the firefighter from head to toe. Honeywell designed these solutions in collaboration with fire chiefs and firefighters with an emphasis on ease of use while making the most of today’s technological advancements.”
Among Honeywell offerings on display:
- Morning Pride turnout gear has been enhanced with new ergonomic and safety refinements, providing a better fit, increased thermal protection and resistance to toxic particulates, plus more range-of-motion and protection.
- The award-winning Life Guard Particulate Resistant Hood has been engineered to provide an increased barrier to protect a firefighter’s neck and throat from toxic smoke and other potentially carcinogenic particulates. The resilient, lightweight hood, which repaces the traditional ‘sock’ design, is comfortable and dependable.
- The Honeywell TITAN™ SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus) has been newly upgraded with an NFPA-compliant alarm to complement its industry-first dual PASS (Personal Alert Safety System). Titan, which has been adopted by hundreds of fire departments across the Americas since its introduction last year, combines high-performance Honeywell materials, proprietary electronics and unique ergonomic features to offer firefighters a greater degree of maneuverability, safety and efficiency on the fireground.
- FIRST Asset Management Software will be previewed for the first time by Honeywell at FDIC. This asset management software software helps fire departments better track their inventory and log maintenance tasks. It delivers analytical data that can help departments with inventory management and budget planning to help reduce costs.
- NightHawk™ structural firefighting boot, which has been improved through successive generations of product design, has been re-engineered using new materials and ergonomic design to offer increased durability, comfort, agility and protection.
- AreaRAE Pro wireless, multi-threat monitor from Honeywell RAE Systems, is now equipped with more than 20 sensors to improve situational awareness and response to gas threats, chemical spills and other hazardous materials applications. The multi-threat detection package provides real-time visibility into toxic, combustible and exotic gases, radiation detection and gas plume pathway captured on a computer screen using ProRAE Guardian software.
- MultiRAE monitors combine best-in-class gas and radiation detection capabilities with wireless connectivity and alarms. MultiRAE instruments can be configured with more than 20 sensor options, with parts-per-billion detection levels to meet the monitoring needs of multiple applications.
Honeywell First Responder is an industry leader in firefighter turnout gear, with more than 80 percent of the 20 largest metropolitan fire departments in north America using its First Responder products from Honeywell. Honeywell First Responder is part of Honeywell Industrial Safety, which provides comprehensive solutions to help organizations manage workplace safety, including personal protection gear for a worker’s eyes, ears and heads, respiratory protection, software and toxic gas monitors.
Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) provides products, software and connected solutions that improve productivity, workplace safety and asset performance for our customers across the globe. We deliver on this promise through industry-leading mobile devices, software, cloud technology and automation solutions, the broadest range of personal protective equipment and gas detection technology, and custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls. We also manufacture and sell a broad portfolio of footwear for work, play and outdoor activities, including XtraTufTM and Muck BootTM brand footwear.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.