OSHA's priorities for FY 2001
- Have a compliance assistance specialist in each local OSHA office.
- Have an ergonomics expert in each of OSHA's ten regions.
- Increase the number of on-site consultation visits by 3,200 in FY 2001, bringing the total 30,700.
- Set up satellite teletraining for compliance officers and consultation staff.
- Conduct approximately 4,000 site-specific inspections in FY 2001.
- Hire 63 additional compliance officers.
- Survey current industry safety practices and support a NIOSH study on high-risk workers to prioritize standard-setting.
- OSHA's priority standards are ergonomics, revision of the recordkeeping rule, and occupational exposure to tuberculosis.