- OIL & GAS
On Oct. 22, the National Safety Council, in town for its annual Congress & Expo at the Orange County Convention Center, will host Rock ‘n’ Community: Connections for a Cause™, a networking and philanthropy event to raise funds for the Orlando Magic Youth Foundation and teen safe driving efforts.
The event will take place from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Valencia Ballroom foyer of the convention center for the more than 12,000 attendees of the NSC Congress & Expo. NSC is partnering with the following organizations: the Orlando Magic Youth Foundation and the Florida Teen Safe Driver Coalition.
Funds raised at this year’s Rock ‘n’ Community will go to helping children in Central Florida, especially those most at-risk, realize their full potential by supporting programs and partnerships that change lives, such as:
Blessings in a Backpack - Provides nutritious food every weekend during the school year for more than 200 children in need.
The Magic Achiever Scholarship UCF Minority Program - Since 1996, The Orlando Magic has awarded 18 Magic Achiever scholarships worth $97,500 and 18 UCF minority scholarships totaling $130,000.
Teen safe driving advocacy efforts – Traffic crashes are the leading cause of death for teens. Advocacy efforts aim to change the teen driving culture and make roadways safer for everyone.
While giving back to the city of Orlando, Rock ‘n’ Community participants from the NSC Congress & Expo will have the chance to:
- Shoot hoops with Orlando Magic Ambassadors Bo Outlaw and Nick Anderson
- Have pictures taken with and autographs from the Orlando Magic Ambassadors & Dancers
- Try their skills at a distracted bags game
- Take a spin on a distracted driver course
- Bid on autographed Orlando Magic memorabilia and other items in a Silent Auction
- Enjoy live entertainment as The Caribbean Crew provides music and the Orlando Magic Dancers perform
- Win an iPad 3 and other prizes
A special thank you to the event sponsors, including: Florida Teen Safe Driver Coalition, GES - Global Experience Specialists, Orange County Convention Center, Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Orlando Magic, Orlando Magic Youth Foundation and PSAV.