- OIL & GAS
The American Council of Government Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH®) is pleased to announce new members for its 2013 Board of Directors and its 2013 Nominating Committee.
- L. Faye Grimsley, PhD, CIH is a certified industrial hygienist (CIH) with more than 20 years of experience. She worked in private industry for seven years - four years in the petrochemical industry with Texaco Inc. as an industrial hygienist and three years with International Paper as a senior process industrial hygienist. Grimsley has been a member of ACGIH since 2002 and of AIHA since 1990. She is a past director of the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) and past member and Vice Chair of the American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce) Permanent Conference Committee (PCC). Grimsley will serve a three year term.
- Shannon Henshaw Gaffney, PhD, MHS, CIH is a Managing Health Scientist at ChemRisk LLC, a scientific consulting firm, committed to helping clients around the globe improve the health and safety of their products, operations, workers, the public, and the environment. Gaffney has been involved with both ACGIH and AIHA over the last 10 years. She received the ACGIH John J. Bloomfield Award in 2010, and graduated from the AIHA Future Leaders Institute in 2006. Dr. Gaffney has served on the Joint Industrial Hygiene Ethics and Education Committee and Permanent Conference Committees, the AIHA Students and Early Career Professionals Committee, and is currently a column editor for AIHA and ACGIH’s joint journal, Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene. She will serve a three year term.
- Susan Arnold, MSOH, CIH is Principal at EH&S, LLC, where she specializes in developing and applying leading practices in exposure and risk assessment. After a brief career as a forensic toxicologist, Arnold shifted her focus to occupational hygiene and has practiced nationally and internationally for the past 22 years. In addition to consulting for chemical manufacturing and formulating, specialty chemical, healthcare, pharmaceutical, metals and mining industry clients, she has worked in product safety and as a corporate occupational hygienist supporting specialty chemical and medical device products facilities. Arnold has been an active member of AIHA’s Exposure Assessment Strategies Committee for 16+ years and is a past chair of the EASC and the Modeling Subcommittee (1999-2003). She co-authored several chapters in the committee publication, Mathematical Models for Estimating Occupational Exposure to Chemicals, 2nd Edition and has authored numerous articles, presentations, and posters on modeling, exposure and risk assessment and Bayesian analysis. She was co-chair of the 2009 Exposure Assessment Symposium on Professional Judgment and is co-chair of the 2013 two-day EASC Professional Judgment Workshop/PDC. She will serve a two year transition term.
The 2013 ACGIH Nominating Committee includes four new members who will serve a one-year term. They are:
- Glenn Talaska, PhD, CIH. Dr. Talaska is a professor in the Department of Environmental Health at the University of Cincinnati where he is the Director of the Environmental and Industrial Hygiene Division. He has been employed with UC since 1989.
- Bill Wells, PhD, CIH, CSP. Wells works for the University of California at the Lawrence Berkeley Lab as the Safety Compliance Program Manager. In this position he is responsible for providing leadership and technical direction for implementation of the DOE “Worker Safety and Health Program.”
- Mark R. Stenzel, CIH. Stenzel is currently President of Exposure Assessment Applications, LLC, a consulting company that specializes in exposure and risk assessments. Prior to forming his own company, he worked 29 years in the chemical industry where he held both plant and corporate level positions including Manager of IH and Director of Health.
- Joel M. Cohen, MPH, CIH. Mr. Cohen is the President and Senior Occupational Health and Safety Consultant with The Cohen Group located in San Mateo, California. Cohen has over 35 years of experience as an industrial hygienist and has been certified since 1980.