- OIL & GAS
Although Safety 2013 is officially scheduled to begin on June 24th, a variety of pre-conference seminars provide some compelling reasons for arriving in Las Vegas a few days early. Early birds will not only have an opportunity to enhance their knowledge; they'll also be able to earn Continuing Education Credits (CEUs).
A Math Review for Certification Exams on Friday, June 21 offers an intensive review of essential math skills, for those getting ready to take ASP, CSP, CHST and OHST exams. Included in the one day course: conversions - SI and English conversions of mass, length and time; dimensional analysis - multi-step conversions (e.g., converting miles per hour to feet per second, pounds to micrograms); number manipulation - exponents, scientific notation, significant digits, answer accuracy and rounding and logarithms; shapes and formulae - area, circumference and volume of rectangles, triangles, circles, trapezoids, cubes and cylinders; graphing - two dimensional graphing of linear, exponential, trigonometric and logarithmic functions; algebra - laws and concepts, word problems; trigonometry - right angles, trigonometry functions and word problems; operation of a scientific calculator.
There's also a two-day course entitled, Reducing Losses from Occupational Health Risks and Environmental Exposures, as well as ASP, CSP and CHMM exam preparation workshops.
Looking for the fundamentals of how to manage an effective safety system? Safety Management I runs June 22-24 and covers techniques for establishing accountability for safety efforts; effective, proven system elements of a safety management system; strategies for each element.
Corporate Safety Management is for the safety professional who is facing the challenges of management responsibility in the corporate world. If you have recently joined the corporate management team or would like to enhance your business skills, this seminar will provide you with the steps to success in these areas. You will also learn how to make safety a key function of the overall business process of your organization.
Other Safety 2013 pre-conference seminars include:
- Altering Habits to Improve Safety and Total Organizational Performance
- The ANSI Z10 (2012) for Continual SH&E Improvement
- Using Near-Miss Data for Successful Loss Control
- Auditing Safety and Health Management Systems
- Coaching for Improved Safety and Health Performance
- Predicting Errors Using Human Performance Measurement Tools
- Mobile Crane and Rigging Safety
- Delivering a High-Performance Safety Management System
- Techniques for Hazard Recognition
- Leading Measures of Safety Performance: A Measurement and Metrics Workshop
- Planning, Developing, Management and Tracking the Organizational Performance of EHS Initiatives and Programs: A Mini Safety MBA
- Basic Electrical Safety/Arc Flash with Application of NFPA 70E
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- Industrial Hygiene for the Safety Professional
- Prevention Through Design Workshop
- Becoming an Effective Independent Consultant
- The Politics of Safety
- Risk Management Primer for the Safety Professional
- Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS) for Tracking and Preventing Accidents
- Targeted Accident Prevention
- Transformational Safety Leadership