Honeywell Safety Institute announces 2014 open enrollment course listing, featuring Miller fall prevention and protection training
Honeywell Safety Products announced the 2014 open enrollment schedule, featuring Miller® fall prevention and protection training. This comprehensive offering of fall prevention and protection classes is part of the Honeywell Safety Institute, an initiative aimed at providing educational tools, resources, and training programs that inspire workers to implement good safety practices in industries around the globe.
The 2014 open enrollment schedule includes courses in more than 30 cities throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as courses at state-of-the-art Honeywell training facilities in Franklin, PA, and Houston, TX, which feature catwalks, climbing towers, confined space simulators, wind simulators and other equipment to protect from hazardous environments in a range of industries.
“Training is an integral part of our Total Solution in fall protection, since no fall protection equipment – regardless of how effective – can save an employee who is not trained in its use. To meet this crucial requirement, Miller Training provides the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve a safer, more productive work environment,” said Lisa Burns, US technical training and operations manager, Honeywell Safety Products.
All open enrollment training courses feature experienced instructors, live demonstrations and hands-on training. Course goals include enabling employees working at heights to recognize fall hazards, evaluate the risk posed by each hazard, and control the hazard through preventive or protective measures. The sessions are further customized by location to address site-specific variables and performance requirements of fall prevention and protection.
- At-Height Training, including Fall Protection Rescue, Advanced Fall Protection Rescue, and Competent Tower Climber
- Competent Person Training
- Fall Protection Inspection Training
- Confined Space Training, including Confined Space & Confined Space Entry, and Confined Space Rescue
- OSHA Training, including Construction, General Industry, and Residential Fall Protection training
- Train the Trainer, including Fall Protection Train the Trainer, Wind Energy Train the Trainer, and Confined Space Train the Trainer
- Wind Energy Training, including Basic Height Safety and Competent Climber
- DOT Hazmat Training
- First Aid, CPR & AED Training
Honeywell Safety Products also offers:
- On-site and contract training, allowing instructors to work with employees in their own environments. Visit https://www.millerfallprotection.com/training/on-site-training/on-site-contract-training#RFQ to request a quote.
- Online courses such as Fall Protection Orientation, Fall Protection Orientation II, and Fall Protection Competent Person Refresher, available at https://www.millerfallprotection.com/training/training/on-line-training.
For more information, download the 2014 Open Training Schedule from https://www.millerfallprotection.com/pdfs/2014TrainingSchedule-web.pdf. Or, visit the Miller Fall Protection Training website www.millerfalltraining.com. The website’s new Online Booking Tool enables users to review and reserve available courses with a few simple clicks.
About Honeywell Safety Products
Honeywell Safety Products (HSP), a global manufacturer of leading personal protective equipment (PPE) and provider of safety solutions, helps company employees make safer decisions on their own and build an enduring culture of safety. With world class brands such as Honeywell®, Uvex®, North®, Howard Leight®, Miller®, Fibre-Metal® and Servus®, HSP offers a full range of quality PPE, including: protective clothing; fall and hearing protection products; solutions that protect hands, head, feet, eyes and face; along with respiratory, welding, first-aid, lockout/tagout and traffic safety equipment. Lead them to safety—visit www.honeywellsafety.com/culture to learn more.
About Miller®Fall Protection Products
Miller® is a world leading brand in fall protection solutions, including: personal fall protection equipment; engineered fall arrest systems; collective fall prevention/barrier solutions; and professional services including training, audits, consulting, product inspection and repairs. For over 65 years, products labeled with the Miller brand have protected those working at height in a wide range of industries including construction, oil and gas, telecommunications, wind energy, transportation, mining, general industry, utilities and more.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.