For Distributors Only

After the handshake

How to avoid an acquisition ending badly
January 11, 2012
One of my most successful clients offered some insight I’ve never forgotten.

Read More

Ideas that restrict sales performance:“I have my own style of selling”

January 11, 2012
Occasionally, at a seminar or training program, I’ll overhear one salesperson mention this to another — “ I have my own style of selling.”

Read More

What makes you SUCCESSFUL?

Mike Smeaton on the Safety Marketing Group
January 11, 2012
Thirty or more years ago a 3M rep said to me while making end-user calls, “Mike this is no scrimmage today… every day is a Super Bowl!”

Read More

Airgas Q2 sales up 12%

Strength in manufacturing sector paves the way
January 11, 2012
Airgas, Inc., the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, and related supplies, reported record net earnings of $77.7 million, or $1.01 per diluted share, for its second quarter ended September 30, 2011.

Read More

KKR acquires Capital Safety

$1.12 billion acquisition
January 11, 2012
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts struck its second oil and gas-related deal within a week with a $1.12 billion acquisition of Capital Safety, the UK-based maker of safety harnesses.

Read More

DuPont delivers 32% higher sales for third quarter 2011

January 11, 2012
Sales increased 32 percent to $9.2 billion with 15 percent higher local prices, 4 percent currency benefit, 1 percent higher volume, and a 12 percent net increase from portfolio changes. Sales in developing markets grew 38 percent.

Read More

Fastenal reports 20% increase in Q3 sales

Vending machine installations increase significantly
January 11, 2012
The Fastenal Company of Winona, MN, reported Q3 2011 sales of $726,742, up from $603,750 in 2010, for a 20.4% positive change.

Read More

Grainger shuts 25 U.S. branches in 2011

Forecasts 2012 sales growth of 10-14%
January 11, 2012
Chicago-based Grainger announced it will close 25 branches in the U.S. before year-end at its Annual Analyst Meeting.

Read More

Honeywell Q3 sales up 14% to $9.3 billion

January 11, 2012
Honeywell’s strong third quarter results are a continuation of the momentum we’ve seen across our businesses in 2011,” said Honeywell Chairman and CEO Dave Cote.

Read More

Manufacturing growing faster than general economy

November was 28th consecutive month of expansion
January 11, 2012
The manufacturing sector continued to expand in November, the 28th consecutive month of expansion, according to the latest Manufacturing ISM Report on Business.

Read More

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook logo Twitter YouTubeLinkedIn Google + icon

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

ASSEâ??s Safety 2014 Review

A gallery of photos from the sprawling Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, where ASSE’s annual professional development conference was held June 8-11. All photos courtesy of the American Society of Safety Engineers.

6/26/14 2:00 pm EDT

Realizing ROI from Your Gas Detection Program

This presentation will cover why a safe workplace equates to good business, why keeping workers truly safe from hazardous gases requires a complete gas detection program, and how your investment can ensure an ROI to your overall business.

ISHN Magazine

ISHN0714_cover.jpg

2014 July

In this month's issue of ISHN, check out the top training companies and find out who the winners of the ISHN/ASSE Safety 2014 awards are.

Table Of Contents Subscribe

THE ISHN STORE

M:\General Shared\__AEC Store Katie Z\AEC Store\Images\ISHN\safetyfourth.jpg
Safety Engineering, 4th Edition

A practical, solutions-driven reference, Safety Engineering, 4th edition, has been completely revised and updated to reflect many of today’s issues in safety.

More Products

For Distributors Only - May 2014

ISHN0514FDO_cover.jpgFor Distributors Only is ISHN's niche brand standard-sized magazine supplement aimed at an audience of 2,000 U.S. distributors that sell safety products. Circulation only goes to distributors. CHECK OUT THEMAY 2014 ISSUE OF FDO HERE

ishn infographics

2012 US workplace deathsCheck out ISHN's new Infographic page! Learn more about worker safety through these interactive images. CLICK HERE to view the page.