OSHA: Monster Tree Service failed to follow proper safety measures
October 19, 2016
Had proper precautions been taken, a 34-year-old tree trimmer would not have been fatally electrocuted when an aluminum pole saw made contact with overhead power lines, an OSHA investigation has found.
At a Learning Lab session Monday on the Expo floor, Wesley Wheeler, Director of Safety, National Electrical Contractors Association, discussed the new regulations surrounding NFPA 70E and employers’ and contractors’ responsibilities.
Announcing AVO Cable U - AVO Training Institute’s new multi-purpose cable field lab and new training courses
August 23, 2016
After careful planning, design and construction, AVO’s Cable U is here. Located at AVO’s main training location in Dallas, TX, it is designed to accommodate our updated Medium-Voltage Cable Fault Location & Tracing and new Cable Testing & Diagnostics courses. It allows cable technicians the most technologically advanced, real-world, place to train for every electrical cable testing and diagnostic application.
More than 80 free safety and health training classes and sessions
August 18, 2016
Safety Fest TN is on again! The 5th annual event will be held September 12th - 16th in Oak Ridge and Knoxville and will feature over 80 free safety and health classes, sessions and demonstrations. In addition to the free classes, a Safety Expo and Safety Demonstrations will take place on September 13th and 14th along with the “Secret City” Fire Officer Conference on September 14th and 15th.
Many parents of young children have not childproofed the electrical outlets in their home. Others have, but they’re still using plastic caps, which are no longer considered the go-to method for preventing children from injuries due to their interactions with electrical outlets.
A firefighter in Kentucky is electrocuted after contacting overhead power line, Kentucky. A factory manager dies after bypassing lockout-tagout. A landscaper in Massachusetts working from a raised portable work platform is electrocuted when a pole saw contacts an overhead power line.
May is National Electrical Safety Month and the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) is spearheading its annual effort to raise awareness of potential home electrical hazards and the importance of electrical safety.
National Safety Apparel® is pleased to feature a wide variety of flame resistant and arc flash stocked head protection. Whether you need protection from extreme temperatures or a multitude of hazards, we have you covered.
On the same day the New York City Housing Authority announced that it would take steps to make elevators in NYCHA buildings safer, a mechanic was electrocuted while working at the agency’s Coney Island Houses in Brooklyn.
Global retailer violates corporate-wide safety agreement
April 5, 2016
Walmart continues to endanger the safety and health of its employees despite a 2013 corporate-wide settlement agreement* with the OSHA to improve safety and health conditions at all of its store locations.
Now On Demand! NFPA 70E and OSHA require that equipment be placed in an electrically safe work condition before work is performed. Only limited conditions permit justification for energized electrical work.