OSHA gives tips for avoiding carbon monoxide poisoning
February 11, 2013
A worker in a New England warehouse was recently found unconscious and seizing. Several of his co-workers also became sick. The culprit? Carbon monoxide poisoning. All of the windows and doors were closed to conserve heat, there was no exhaust ventilation in the facility, and very high levels of carbon monoxide were measured at the site.
One mine operator cited 35 times in two years for same hazard
January 28, 2013
December impact inspections by the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) found one of the lowest number of violations to date, but Joseph A. Main, assistant secretary of labor for mine safety and health said: "We still see some mines that fail to address recurring problems that put miners at risk."
One of targeted mines was placed on pattern of violations last April
November 23, 2011
The U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) today announced that federal inspectors issued 226 citations and orders during special impact inspections conducted at eight coal mines and three metal/nonmetal mines last month.