DuPont launches online tool to help select PPE
May 23, 2011
Attendees at last week’s AIHce 2011 had an opportunity to get a hands-on demonstration of DuPont Protection Technologies’ (DPT) recently launched SafeSPEC™ 2.0, a comprehensive, interactive online tool that helps safety professionals make informed decisions about selecting chemical protective apparel.
SafeSPEC™ 2.0 offers new customizable product selection and search features for the full portfolio of chemical protection clothing from DuPont, including DuPont™ Tyvek® and Tychem® protective apparel.
Since SafeSPEC™ 2.0 is downloadable to desktops for easier access, safety professionals who didn’t make it to the Portland, Oregon event can check out the selection tool in their workplaces. SafeSPEC™ 2.0 gives users the ability to:
- Search up to 5 hazards at one time
- Search new hazards, such as particle and biological hazards
- Search by Industry and Task
- Get results for all products including: Tychem®, Tyvek®, ProShield® and ProShield® NexGen®
- Refine selections with easy-to-use filters in the new Product Comparison Tool
- See products in a new way with 360-degree images that enable views from all angles
“Our goal is to provide a tool that makes the experience as user-friendly and informative for customers as possible,” said Dave Kee, North America garments marketing manager – DPT. “The launch of SafeSPEC™ 2.0 reinforces our commitment to providing industry solutions that facilitate comprehensive product selection so our customers have the information needed to make informed purchase decisions.”