A maintenance technician at a Georgia auto parts manufacturing company was engulfed in flames when the dust collector he was operating caused an explosion. The 33-year-old worker is still recovering from the third-degree burns on his upper body he received during the September 23, 2015 incident at Nakanishi Manufacturing Corp. in Winterville, Ga.
L&P Springs Manufacturing faces $77,000 in OSH fines
February 2, 2016
An OSHA inspection conducted after an employee at a mattress spring manufacturer was hospitalized with serious injuries found that the employer exposed its workers to crushing hazards from manufacturing equipment that was not properly guarded.
Blue Rhino affirms safety violations, accepts $52K in penalties
December 9, 2015
For employees working with hazardous substances, an oversight can be disastrous - an unfortunate lesson learned by six Florida workers at a Blue Rhino propane tank refurbishing facility in Taveras, Florida who were injured during a fire.
Hearthside Food Solutions is nation's largest cookie, cracker manufacturer
December 7, 2015
A 41-year-old worker cleaning product waste from a factory floor suffered severe scalp injuries and multiple lacerations when a machine caught her hairnet, resulting in her hospitalization for four days. This is the third serious injury involving machine hazards reported this year by Hearthside Food Solutions LLC, which bakes cookies and crackers for national brands.
Twice in 14 months, MooreCo Inc. temporary workers were seriously injured when inadequately guarded machines pulled them in, removing skin from the wrist up to the shoulder in the most recent incident, and from the wrist down in an earlier incident.
A May, 2015 workplace accident brought OSHA enforcement officers to Clarion Sintered Metals, Inc. in Ridgway, Pennsylvania, where they found dozens of violations – including the one that led to the worker’s injury.
OSHA determines Piramal Glass USA did not provide FR clothing
November 13, 2015
A 34-year-old machine operator suffered third-degree burns on his legs and hands when molten glass bottles fell on the production floor and ignited oil residue that had leaked from the machines. The man had not been provided fire-retardant protective clothing, and the fire spread to his pant leg. He has been unable to return to work since the injury.
The company that produces cookies and crackers for brands such as Kellogg, General Mills and Nabisco has been cited for safety violations by OSHA, after one of its workers lost part of a finger in a machine.
Company failed to follow machine safety procedures
September 17, 2015
A 45-year-old worker lost part of three fingers when his left hand caught in a table saw at a Cordova company that fabricates reusable shipping containers. Doctors reattached the fingers, but had to amputate the tip of his left middle finger. The employee has been unable to return to work.