- OIL & GAS
Honeywell Safety Products will present free seminars across Canada in October to help safety professionals improve their hearing conservation programs and prevent noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL).
The seminars, titled “HearForever®: Best Practices in Effective Hearing Conservation,” will provide the latest information on hearing loss prevention, cultures of safety, and technologies and solutions to help companies support their hearing conservation programs — and their bottom line.
Hearing Conservation experts Brad K. Witt MA, CCC-A, and Theresa Y. Schulz PhD., Lt. Col. USAF [retired], both of Honeywell Safety Products, will present the seminars — designed for industrial hygienists, occupational health and safety professionals, audiologists, trainers, occupational nurses, and liability and risk management professionals.
The seminars are approved for 0.5 Maintenance Points by the Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists. Topics will include:
- Basics of Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL)
- Key Elements of an Effective Hearing Conservation Program
- Impending Changes to the Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) and How It Impacts Your Program
- Case Studies from Successful Hearing Conservation Programs
- Employee Motivation and Training Techniques/Resources
- Reducing Costs for Hearing Loss
The seminars will run from 9 a.m. to Noon. The dates and locations are:
- Winnipeg — Tuesday, 2 October, Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport
- Saskatoon — Wednesday, 3 October, Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon
- Calgary — Tuesday, 9 October, Hotel Blackfoot
- Red Deer — Wednesday, 10 October, Red Deer Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre
- Edmonton — Thursday, 11 October, Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton South
- Toronto — Wednesday, 17 October, Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Mississauga
- Montreal — Thursday, 18 October, Crowne Plaza Montreal Airport
- Vancouver — Tuesday, 30 October, Hilton Vancouver Airport
- Fort McMurray — Wednesday, 31 October, Chateau Nova Hotel – Fort McMurray
Attendees will receive free training materials, literature, and hearing protection samples. They will also participate in hands-on demonstrations of new hearing conservation technologies, including the VeriPRO® fit-testing system for measuring earplug fit, and the QUIETPRO®, an advanced in-ear communication system for high noise environments.
To register for a “HearForever® Best Practices in Effective Hearing Conservation” seminar, visit http://hearforever.org/hf2012canada.
“HearForever™” hearing conservation seminars have been presented to thousands of safety professionals on five continents over the past eight years as part of Honeywell Safety Product’s HearForever™ initiative to raise awareness of the dangers, risks and consequences of noise-induced hearing loss. Follow the initiative on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HearForeverOrg and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/HearForever.
About Honeywell Safety Products
Honeywell Safety Products is the global provider of Howard Leight® passive and intelligent hearing protection solutions and the founder of the HearForever™ initiative. For over 30 years, Howard Leight products have helped wearers prevent occupational noise-induced hearing loss through innovation in hearing protection design, technology, performance and comfort, and the promotion of progressive Hearing Conservation Programs. Leading solutions include the highest attenuating MAX® single-use earplug; patented Air Flow Control™ technology for optimal earmuff attenuation; and the industry-changing VeriPRO® earplug fit testing system. Visit: www.howardleight.com. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/HowardLeight.
Honeywell International (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.