- ISHN GLOBAL
- EHS RESEARCH
The cert will be grandfathered during 2013, meaning qualified applicants can achieve the CSMP without taking an exam. Starting in 2014 applicants will be required to take, and pass, a 100 question exam
ISHM intends to have the CSMP accredited during 2014.
The Associate Safety and Health Manager (ASHM) designation is a stepping stone to the accredited Certified Safety and Health Manager certification. When one achieves the CSHM they may no longer maintain the ASHM. A person may hold another certification and the CSMP (i.e. CSHM or ASHM and the CSMP).
The criteria and application are now posted at ishm.org and the staff is ready to start receiving applications. The application fee is USD125.00 US / USD150.00 international and the annual renewal fee is USD125.00.
Basic criteria for CSMP:
- Minimum educational requirement is high school diploma or GED.
- Work experience requirement in occupational safety and health.
- 5 years' experience of full time professional safety and health management experience acceptable to ISHM.
- Full time professional safety and health management experience requires position duties with 50% or greater safety and health management related activities.
- Two years of part time experience 25% or greater safety and health management related activities may be substituted for one full year.
- Three professional references
Criteria may be found at: https://www.ishm.org/csmp-criteria-certification
The application is located at: https://www.ishm.org/content/csmp-application-form