Accident/Incident Prevention Techniques, Second Edition
- Demonstrates how OSHA compliance is an integral part of an effective approach to mitigating occupational injuries and illnesses
- Discusses the importance of a safety and health strategy and the role a safety and health program plays in it
- Examines the importance of the people side of safety and motivating the workforce toward safety
- Details the five phases of the root cause analysis procedure for investigating and reporting the causes of occurrences
- Elucidates techniques for Physical Barrier Analysis and Human Barrier Analysis
- Underlines the importance of Standard Operations Procedures as a tool for accident prevention
- Covers how to develop a preventive maintenance program
Published more than ten years ago, the first edition of Accident/Incident Prevention Techniques provided clear, comprehensive guidance on how to mitigate the cost, in personnel and to the bottom line, of accidents/incidents in the workplace. Significantly revised and updated, this Second Edition takes its place as the A to Z hands-on guide to the responsibilities, principles, tools, and techniques involved in accident investigative planning and preparation.
Written by safety expert Charles D. Reese, the book details tried and true techniques that have been used by the occupational safety and health community for many years. It also presents the best theoretical methods to help those responsible for occupational safety develop the best prevention initiative for them and their workforce. Based on the premise that all businesses and industries must face the reality that occupational accidents and illnesses will transpire and the results of these events will have a negative impact on the company’s bottom line, the book provides practical examples, easy-to-implement processes, numerous illustrations, and usable forms throughout.
See What’s New in the Second Edition
- Topics such as safety culture and behavior-based safety
- Expanded coverage of some topics such as analysis tools and accident investigation
- Updated statistical data, sources, and contacts
- Updated changes in regulations and compliance
- Relevance with current trends and issues in accident prevention
By investigating the various methods and equipment used in system safety applications, the book covers a myriad of accident/incident prevention techniques and supplies the illustrations and tools that allow readers to begin to develop and build a safety and health program in their workplace. The author draws on his more than 30 years of experience to supply a template for the development of an effective safety and health program.