An electric arc flash injured a worker at a power generating facility. When the arc flash occurred, a 48-year-old electrician was working on an electrical cabinet that was still powered. The wiring contractor employee suffered second and third-degree burns to his hands, arms and torso.
In less than 10 days in 2016, two employees at a Green Bay muffler component manufacturer suffered severe injuries as they operated machinery without adequate safety guards and procedures in place, federal workplace safety investigators have determined.
While changing an overhead ballast in a light fixture, an employee of New Jersey Medical Center received an electrical shock that caused him to fall from a ladder. He was hospitalized and died several weeks later from the injuries he sustained in the fall.
A federal investigation prompted by the death of a 17-year-old worker at a Columbus metal fabrication facility has resulted in multiple safety and health violations.
OSHA issued 16 serious and one other-than-serious safety and health violations to G.D. Roberts & Co. Inc., for violations the agency's inspectors found after a machine pinned and injured the teenaged worker on June 27, 2016.
An OSHA inspection conducted after Mountainaire Farms Inc. of Selbyville, Delaware reported that an employee had suffered a finger amputation while operating a packaging machine ended with five citations and two hazard alerts issued to the company.
November 29, 2016 – Master Lock Safety Solutions™ has introduced a new series of group lock boxes. All three models of the S600 series – S600, S601 and S602 – offer many significant benefits, including a clear, impact-resistant window that allows users to see keys are secured inside the box during a group lockout.