1. Get the Person to Fresh Air

Move the person away from carbon monoxide area.

If the person is unconscious, check for injuries before moving.

Turn off carbon monoxide source if you can do so safely.

2. Call 911

3. Begin CPR, if Necessary

If the person is unresponsive, not breathing, or not breathing normally:

Perform CPR for one minute before calling 911 if you are alone. Otherwise, have someone else call and begin CPR.

For a child, start CPR for children.

Continue CPR until the person begins breathing or emergency help arrives.

4. Follow Up

Once at the hospital, the person is treated with 100% oxygen. Depending on the severity of the carbon monoxide exposure, oxygen is delivered in different ways.

Mild poisoning is treated with oxygen delivered by a mask.

Severe carbon monoxide poisoning may require placing the person in a full body, high pressure chamber to help force oxygen into the body.

Source: WebMd www.webmd.com