- ISHN GLOBAL
- EHS RESEARCH
This 40-hour training program is specifically designed to train researchers and laboratory professionals with the skills necessary to ensure a safe laboratory environment in the biotechnology, university, hospital, or medical setting.
This program will focus primarily on the radionuclides most commonly used in biotechnology, hospital, and medical facilities: C-14, H-3, S-35, P-32, P-33, Ni-63, Tc-99m, and radioiodines).
- Utilize RSO skills specific to the biotechnology, university, hospital, and medical laboratory environments
- Avoid regulatory compliance problems
- Maintain a safe laboratory environment
- Assess and discuss risks of radiation and biological effects with employees
- Incorporate the "tools of health physics practice" applied to laboratories
- Manage and document radiological effluents and waste streams associated with biotechnology research laboratories
- Understand regulator requirements and expectations
- Demonstrate compliance with a radionuclide permit and license requirements