OSHA gives tips for avoiding carbon monoxide poisoning
February 11, 2013
A worker in a New England warehouse was recently found unconscious and seizing. Several of his co-workers also became sick. The culprit? Carbon monoxide poisoning. All of the windows and doors were closed to conserve heat, there was no exhaust ventilation in the facility, and very high levels of carbon monoxide were measured at the site.
Funding for lead poisoning prevention nearly eliminated
May 29, 2012
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced that it is accepting its advisory committee’s recommendation to redefine the level at which children are considered to have too much lead in their blood and to focus the nation’s attention on preventing lead exposure.