10 safety questions commonly asked in 2015
Grainger safety specialists answer 120,000+ questions during the year
During the course of the year, customers nationwide contact Grainger Technical Product Specialists to help answer questions on key safety issues. From the more than 120,000 safety questions received in 2015, below are 10 frequently asked questions that Grainger was able to help customers answer. Visit www.grainger.com/tpstopten for the answers to these questions.
- Which respirator cartridge should I use when painting?
- What gloves are appropriate for protection from acid?
- How do I select a harness for fall protection? What other components are needed?
- How do I choose the right cut resistant glove for my application?
- How do I know which fire extinguisher to use for my application?
- What does the date stamp on my rubber insulating gloves mean?
- How do I know which flammable safety cabinet to buy for my facility?
- Do 16-ounce or 32-ounce eyewash bottles meet the requirements for an eyewash?
- Which arc flash coverall is needed when working with 480 volts?
- What products can I use to fill an opening and create a firewall?
“This is the first time we’ve offered a list like this,” said Nino Granatiero, vice president of Grainger’s Safety Business. “Customers who need help selecting products, complying with complex safety regulations or implementing new safety initiatives, can rely on our team of Technical Product Specialists. In 2015, many customers reached out to this team asking common questions that make up our list. As we head into 2016, these questions and answers may serve as good reference material for our custmers.”
The team of specialists focused on safety holds degrees in safety, industrial technology, chemistry and related fields. They are OSHA 30-Hour General Industry trained professionals who help customers solve safety challenges, offer cost-saving proposals and recommend program standardization strategies. Customers with safety questions can contact Grainger at email@example.com.