Here are the most common work-related hand injuries
A breakdown of the five most common hand injuries in the workplace include lacerations (63%), crushes (13%), avulsions or detachments (8%), punctures (6%) and fractures (5%), according to the Safety and Health Council of North Carolina. Additional hand hazards include electrical burns, exposure to chemicals, frostbite, penetration, contusions, sprains and strains.
What are the primary causes of these injuries? The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports more than 70 percent of workers experiencing hand injuries were not wearing gloves at the time. And the remaining 30 percent of injured workers were not wearing the right type of glove.
Source: Southern Glove http://www.southernglove.com/.