Industrial Scientific released the following letter on Friday, March 20 saying the company is considered a life-sustaining business and will continue to operate and serve their customers.
To our Customers and Partners,
On Thursday evening, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf issued an order requiring all non-life-sustaining businesses to close. To be clear, Industrial Scientific meets the classifications of a Life-Sustaining Business and will continue to operate and serve our customers around the world.
Our equipment protects hundreds of thousands of men and women working in hazardous environments to support critical infrastructure. We would like to reassure those of you who rely on Industrial Scientific that:
• Our manufacturing, shipping, and receiving teams are fully operational and will continue to meet your high expectations for receiving critical equipment on time.
• Our global service teams are fully staffed and continue to quickly and efficiently repair instruments.
• Our customer service and technical support teams in the Americas are staffed remotely and are available to assist you during regular business hours (6 AM to 8 PM ET Monday through Thursday and 6 AM to 6 PM ET on Friday). As always, we also offer 24/7 support for urgent issues (available during non-business hours by choosing the emergency option).
Based on previous guidelines, we have already taken aggressive actions to ensure the safety of our employees around the world while we continue to serve your gas detection needs. These measures, which address the requirements most recently announced by Governor Wolf, include:
• Tightly controlling access to our manufacturing and service facilities. Our facilities are closed to the public, and all staff non-critical to our manufacturing and service capabilities are working remotely.
• Restricting access to portions of our facilities to increase the cadence of cleaning and sterilization for areas where employees are present.
• Practicing social distancing in all areas of the workplace.
• Increasing access to hand sanitizer for employees on-site and encouraging heightened self-hygiene.
• Continuing to offer benefits and pay to employees who fall ill and cannot work.
Additionally, as part of our commitment to preserving human life, we have offered our assistance in supporting the state of Pennsylvania’s efforts to stem the spread of COVID-19. We stand ready to devote our manufacturing capabilities for the public good while continuing to serve customers like you.
We know that now more than ever, you are depending on us. Please be assured that we are committed to delivering products and services in a way that maintains the health and safety of our employees and complies with all state and federal guidelines.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will quickly communicate any further measures.
Should you have any additional questions or concerns, our Customer Success team is ready to help. You can reach us at 800-338-3287 and email@example.com.
Senior Vice President & General Manager