A crew member working on the television show ``The X-Files'' at a location site in Los Angeles was killed recently after scaffolding he was on became electrified with a 4,800 volt charge.

Five other workers on the scaffolding and one on the ground were injured when the scaffolding apparently came in contact with a high-tension power line.

This was the third incident in Southern California involving film crews and high-power lines in the past 30 months. In 1998, a camera boom operator working on the Disney movie “Dinosaur” was killed when his boom came into contact with high-voltage power lines. Earlier this year, a news reporter was severely burned when the microwave antenna of a news van she was sitting in came near a power line.