America Attacked: Coping with the terror
- Take time to create peace for yourself. Turn off CNN - check-in every three hours. Keeping CNN on constantly keeps you in an adrenaline-state.
- Rest, exercise, talk with family members with the TV off.
- See a counselor or support group.
- Distract your mind with a movie.
- Maintain daily routine as a much as possible.
- Devote time to spiritual practices.
- Write in a journal, read spiritual books - gain a larger, comforting perspective.
"Researchers find unrelieved stress causes health problems. It's crucial that everyone use a coping strategy," says Marcoux.