An employee of an Iowa hog operation has died of his injuries, a month and a half after being burned in a workplace fire.
News reports say 38-year-old Jorge Orozco died Saturday at St. Elizabeth Burn Center in Lincoln, Nebraska.
A Buffalo Wild Wings manager in Massachusetts died recently after being exposed to toxic fumes caused by a noxious combination of chemical cleaning products in the restaurant’s kitchen.
At least 13 others were hospitalized, officials say.
A company based in Anson, Maine has been cited by OSHA for an employee fatality that occurred at a jobsite in Inman, Nebraska.
Smith Mountain Investments LLC is a professional pole inspection company that inspects and treats some of the 150,000,000 wood utility poles in North America to ensure structural integrity.
An employee of the company became ill while performing extreme physical activity in excessive temperatures in July 2019 and later died.
The Georgia facility at which a temporary employee was crushed to death by pallets last week has a history of safety violations and citations by OSHA. Fifty-nine-year-old Willie Bonner reportedly died at the Nichiha USA in Bibb County after a robotic arm knocked him onto a conveyer belt. OSHA is investigating the fatality.
A former manager at an Ohio manufacturing plant will be spending some weekends in jail on charges related to an employee fatality. His associate, another former manager at Extrudex Aluminum in North Jackson, Ohio, will have three months of home confinement.
The U.S. District Court sentencing of Brian L. Carder and Paul Love came after each man pleaded guilty to conspiracy to obstruct justice charges.
Human error caused a railroad conductor’s death during a 2018 incident in Dallas Texas, according to an accident brief released by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
The incident that occurred early in the morning of August 13 involved Dallas, Garland & Northeastern Railroad, Inc. (DGNO) a subsidiary of Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (G&W), a holding company that owns short line railroads throughout the United States.
A Florida engineering company is facing $185,239 in OSHA-assessed penalties after one of its employees drowned in a water- and mud-filled catch basin at a worksite in Pembroke Pines, Florida.
OSHA cited Westwind Contracting Inc. for exposing its employees to excavation and confined spaces hazards.
According to the agency, the company failed to:
Citations issued by OSHA to a New York state company after one of its employees was pulled into a wood chipper on his first day on the job have been affirmed by an administrative law judge with the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission. OSHA’s investigation revealed that Tony Watson - doing business as Countryside Tree Service - directed the employee to feed materials into the wood chipper, knowing that he had not trained the employee on how to do so safely.
An Ohio county court has sentenced Jim Coon – a roofing contractor based in Akron, Ohio – to prison after he pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of a 39-year-old employee who fell from a three-story roof while working without required fall protection in November 2017.
A stuntwoman’s death on the set of the movie Deadpool 2 was due to her employer’s failure to conduct a risk assessment and other violations, according to WorkSafeBC, the Canadian agency that monitors and enforces workplace safety in the province of British Columbia.
In the 2017 incident, stunt double Joi Harris was killed while reportedly riding a motorcycle down a ramp laid atop a set of stairs.