Fall Prevention and Protection: Principles, Guidelines, and Practices
- Includes a public health view of fall problems and strategic goals
- Provides a detailed description of the science behind human falls and injury risk as well as prevention and protection measures
- Presents methodology on preventing and arresting falls from elevation
- Offers material on fall incident investigation and reconstruction
- Illustrates practical applications of sector-based prevention and protection tools and methods in industrial sectors and home/communities
This book covers a wealth of knowledge from experts and informed stakeholders on the best ways to understand, prevent, and control fall-related risk exposures. Featured are subjects on: (1) a public health view of fall problems and strategic goals; (2) the sciences behind human falls and injury risk; (3) research on slips, trips and falls; (4) practical applications of prevention and protection tools and methods in industrial sectors and home/communities; (5) fall incident investigation and reconstruction; and (6) knowledge gaps, emerging issues, and recommendations for fall protection research and fall mitigation.