- ISHN GLOBAL
- EHS RESEARCH
- 95 percent lock up employee files and limit access to them.
- 49 percent conduct background checks on employees who have access to employee files.
- 24 percent educate employees on fraud prevention.
- 21 percent have a company policy on what to do in the event employee information is compromised.
- 2 percent contract with an outside firm that helps employees who are victims of identity theft.
The online Identity Survey responses consisted of 419 randomly selected HR professionals.