- ISHN GLOBAL
- EHS RESEARCH
According to a press release issued by the pharma giant, the report details how the business is changing to become more responsive to the needs of society.
- prices of patented medicines cut by an average of 45 per cent in Least Developed Countries
- 20 per cent of profits from medicines in Least Developed Countries invested back into strengthening healthcare infrastructure
- flexible pricing in middle-income countries to better reflect ability to pay
- commitment to new standards of clinical study results transparency
- charitable support increased to £163 million despite the global economic crisis
The company points out that the report is an example of its efforts to improve transparency, which have included the publication of all its research studies and the disclosure of consulting fees paid to healthcare professionals.
GSK's commitment to environmental sustainability is also reported, including progress towards its targeted 45 per cent reduction in the energy and climate change impact of its operations and transport by 2015.