Why Should You Attend:
An OSHA inspection can be a costly and disruptive experience for any employer, especially if that employer has not dealt with the Agency, does not have an in-house safety professional or attorney.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
The following general topics will be covered within the 10 Mistakes agenda:
- The OSHA jurisdiction that will inspect an establishment. About half of the states are under federal OSHA jurisdiction, and the remainder subject to independent state OSHA programs.
- Understanding the “probable cause” for the inspection is the key to limiting the scope of an inspection
- Understanding “consensual inspection” is the key to exercising the employer’s rights during an inspection.
- Effective safety program document management can avoid smoking guns.
- A late or ineffective appeal (not knowing defenses) can exacerbate the outcome of an inspection.