This program is specifically designed by Harvard faculty and industry experts to train researchers and laboratory professionals to implement a radiation protection program in the biotechnology, university, hospital, or medical laboratory setting.Participants will learn to utilize the skills necessary to act as a radiation safety officer (RSO), including how to maintain a safe laboratory environment, understand regulatory requirements and expectations, and avoid regulatory compliance problems associated with radiation safety.
- Utilize RSO skills specific to the biotechnology, university, hospital, and medical laboratory environments
- Avoid regulatory compliance problems - Maintain a safe laboratory environment
- Assess and discuss risks of radiation and biological effects with employees
- Incorporate the "tools of health physics practice" applied to laboratories
- Manage and document radiological effluents and waste streams associated with biotechnology research laboratories
- Understand regulator requirements and expectations
- Demonstrate compliance with a radionuclide permit and license requirements