- The behavior of air and chemical contaminants in the air
- Industrial process exhaust system design (including ACGIH® calculation methods)
- Make-up and supply air ventilation systems
- Dilution ventilation systems
- Selection and design of exhaust hoods, ducts, and fittings
- Fans and air cleaners (including Fan Laws)
- Troubleshooting and testing of existing systems
- Hands-on testing and measurements
Course participants will receive ACGIH®'s Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Design, 28th Edition, Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Operation and Maintenance and QuantitativeIndustrial Hygiene: A Formula Workbook, ACGIH® Velocity Pressure Method Calculation Spreadsheet for performing calculations and equations covered in the primary workbooks provided with the course, including ventilation system design, a CD-ROM with copies of classroom PowerPoint presentations, copies of labs and exercises along with supplementary course materials, and course handouts.
This course contains 32 hours of instruction and may be eligible for ABIH CM credit. See the ABIH website for CM credit criteria. The course may also qualify for 3.2 BCSP Continuance of Certification (COC) Points for Certified Safety Professionals. Certificates of Completion will be presented at the conclusion of the course.