VAC-U-MAX material test facility incorporates pneumatic and mechanical conveying equipment and automated systems tailored to bulk material characteristics, ensuring proper handling and processing of bulk materials. With application expertise in the handling of over 10,000 bulk materials including powders, flakes, granules, pellets, fibers, capsules, gel caps, tablets, and various other bulk materials, careful consideration is given in reviewing flow properties, product segregation, pneumatic conveying behavior, particle attrition and other particle properties like shape, size, and density. VAC-U-MAX fully-equipped material test facility simulates customer’s bulk material handling applications, incorporating dense and dilute phases in vacuum and/or pressure conveying for batch, continuous, loss-in-weight and gain-in-weight applications.
Located in Belleville, New Jersey, the VAC-U-MAX material test facility offers over 6,000 square feet (600 m2) of available floor space, tubing runs up to 400 feet (120m2) and up to 4 inch (100mm) OD tubing, with conveying rates from 10 lbs/hr (4 kg/hr) to 25,000 lbs/hr (11,000 kg/hr). Vacuum producers include VAC-U-MAX venturi units, VAC-U-MAX positive displacement vacuum pumps up to 30 HP (22.5 kW), and high vacuum pumps up to 29” Hg (982 Mbar). Test facility includes private meeting space with Wi-Fi access where VAC-U-MAX customers can witness live material tests, or videos can be supplied if unable to attend a material test.
VAC-U-MAX fully-equipped test facility includes a full range of VAC-U-MAX receivers and loaders for testing powders and granular non-free flowing bulk materials, with capacities from ¼ ft3 to 36 inches in diameter. Material tests are conducted onsite with VAC-U-MAX manufactured equipment including:
- Loaders & Filter Receivers for Powders, Granules, Flakes, Pellets, Fibers, Capsules, Gel Caps, Tablets, and other Bulk Materials
- Bulk Bag Loading / Unloading Equipment (LIW/GIW)
- Flexible Screw Conveyors
- Aero-mechanical Conveyors
- Bag Dump Stations with Bag Compactors
- Feed Bins & Manual Bulk Conveying Wands
- Powder Pumps for Fluid-like Powders
- Positive Displacement Vacuum Pumps / Venturi Units
- Test Bed for Various Level Probe Technology Evaluation
- Diverter, Butterfly, Slide Gate Valves
- UL-Listed VAC-U-MAX Control Packages
- Full Range of Industrial Vacuum Cleaning Systems
Additionally, systems testing can incorporate other OEM equipment, such as rotary valves or other components requested by customer. For more information or to request a material test visit www.vac-u-max.com or call 1-800-VAC-U-MAX.