The American Industrial Hygiene Association® (AIHA) inducted Daniel H. Anna, PhD, CIH, CSP, as the new President of AIHA’s Board of Directors at the Annual Business Meeting on Thursday, June 4, during the 2015 American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce) in Salt Lake City, Utah. Anna, a Senior Industrial Hygienist and Assistant Group Supervisor at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) in Laurel, Md., brings years of experience to AIHA and the industrial hygiene profession with a strong background in comprehensive industrial hygiene and safety areas including risk and exposure assessment and control, ergonomics, and system safety.
Anna has been an active member of AIHA since 1991 and is a graduate of AIHA’s inaugural Future Leaders Institute, a program that provides attendees with the resources necessary to be successful leaders in the profession. He also serves as the editor of The Occupational Environment: Its Evaluation, Control, and Management, Third Edition, also known as “The White Book.”
“It is an honor to have the opportunity to lead an organization like AIHA,” said Anna. “Our members are the leaders of the industrial hygiene profession. I look forward to a bright future because of their continued commitment to help fulfill AIHA’s mission of protecting worker health.”
The 2015-2016 Board of Directors consists of:
- President-elect - Steven E. Lacey, PhD, CIH, CSP
- Vice President - Deborah Imel Nelson, PhD, CIH
- Past President - Christine A.D. Lorenzo, CIH
- Treasurer - Cynthia A. Ostrowski, CIH
- Treasurer-elect - J. Lindsay Cook, CIH, CSP
- Secretary - Kathleen S. Murphy, CIH
- Director - Donna S. Heidel, CIH
- Director - Chris L. Laszcz-Davis, MS, CIH
- Director - Jennifer Sahmel, MPH, CIH, CSP
- Director - Michael S. Rosenow, CIH, CSP, MPH
- Director - Nancy M. McClellan, CIH, CHMM, MPH
- Director - Dina Mary Siegel, CIH, CSP, CBSP
Anna has served as Director, Secretary, and President-elect of the AIHA Board of Directors, as well as on various AIHA technical committees. He also held several leadership roles in the Central Pennsylvania Local Section.
Anna’s term runs through AIHce 2016, which will take place May 21-26, 2016, in Baltimore, Md.