3M™ Personal Safety Division launches new Elevated Temperature Hard Hat H-700T Series
New hard hat series is the foundation of an advanced personal protective equipment system designed to withstand elevated temperatures
In challenging, elevated heat conditions you need safety equipment that stands up to the heat and helps keep your workers comfortable. Designed for workers in industries such as metalworking, smelting and glass manufacturing, with radiant heat environments, 3M™ Personal Safety Division has launched the new 3M™ Elevated Temperature Hard Hat H-700T Series.
H-700T hard hats are engineered to withstand radiant heat loads up to 190 degrees Celsius or 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Built with an injection molding technology, the elevated temperature hard hats offer lightweight protection (less than 380 g), and a suspension that sits lower on the head to reduce pressure and increase security. The hard hats meet ANSI Z89.1-2014 Type 1, G standards.
“This series is a perfect example of how 3M’s personal safety experts are working to make tough jobs easier,” says Steve Bertling, global business manager at 3M Personal Safety Division. “Our experts designed these hard hats—and the additional personal safety accessories to go with them—to stand up to extreme radiant heat while keeping workers comfortable. They’ve done a great job of taking a safety issue, and building a fully-integrated solution that truly supports workers on the job.”
The Elevated Temperature Hard Hat H-700T forms the foundation of a fully-integrated personal protective equipment (PPE) system for high-heat environments. The result is a simple solution to help keep workers safe and comfortable on the job.
The H-700T Hard Hat works with the following products:
· 3M™ Elevated Temperature Aluminum Front Helmet Cover, FC1-AL layers over the front of the hard hat to provide additional protection from radiant heat and sparks.
· 3M™ Molten Metal Neck Guard NC2-GR attaches to the hook and loop fasteners on the inside of the hard hat shell to protect the body against molten metal splash, radiant heat and flame hazards.
· 3M™ HIE6 Protective Eyewear attaches directly to the hard hat suspension and easily retracts when not in use.
· 3M™ Elevated Temperature Universal Faceshield Holder H24T and 3M™ W-Series High Heat Faceshields offer a quick change system allowing workers to attach and detach the shield quickly and easily to the hard hat holder system.
· 3M™ PELTOR™ Earmuffs X Series work in tandem with the eyewear and faceshields to offer comfortable, flexible hearing protection.
To learn more about the Elevated Temperature Hard Hat H-700T, and the integrated PPE system designed specifically for elevated temperature applications, please visit: this link.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3m.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.