Safety committees focal point of audio conference (1/11)
Sponsored by Business & Legal Reports (BLR), the audio conference will take place Jan. 29, at 1:30 p.m. (Eastern) and will provide practical compliance strategies. Gary Gagliardi, vice president of Safety Resources in Zionsville, Ind., will be the presenter.
Although generally not required, a workplace safety committee is a valuable tool that employers can use to augment their illness and injury prevention efforts and keep the need for safe work habits at the forefront of everyone's thinking, according to BLR. A safety committee can thus help lower the risk of injuries to workers and lower an organization's risk of fines, jury awards and workers' compensation costs.
This comprehensive, interactive audio conference will explain how to get an effective safety committee started, or how to breathe new life into an already-existing one.
Topics covered will include:
• Why every workplace can benefit from an effective safety committee;
• How to decide who should be on your safety committee;
• How to make your safety committee fit, as well as shape, your safety culture;
• Real-life examples of how safety committees benefit a company's overall safety program;
• Tips to keep your safety committee fresh and functional;
• Where to start;
• Why a good safety committee can improve your bottom line.
Gagliardi provides onsite analysis and training to help employers reduce the risks of management liability. His research paper, “The Integration of the Science of Slips and Falls in a Comprehensive Program to Effect Change,” was published in the July 2005 issue of theJournal of the International Society for Occupational Ergonomics & Safety.
To register, call 1-800-7-ASK-BLR (1-800-727-5257).