NHCA's conference features three days of engaging workshops, presentations, panel discussions and poster presentations on current issues relevant to the practice of hearing loss prevention. Key topics include the latest research on:
- Occupational hearing loss
- Music-induced hearing loss
- Hearing loss after impulse noise
- Novel strategies for measuring noise risk and pre-clinical effects of noise on hearing
- Hearing protection device innovations
- Public and personal health issues related to hearing loss
- Hearing loss prevention training education
- Health communication strategies
Over 300 professionals attend the NHCA annual conference for professional development and networking opportunities.
Prior to submitting your presentation, please be sure to read the policies thoroughly as you will be required to sign a formal agreement should your submission be accepted. Presenters will be notified of accepted submissions in October 2013.
IMPORTANT: If you are selected as a presenter, you will be required to submit a signed speaker agreement form which includes your understanding and agreement of all NHCA policies. You will also be asked to submit Conflict of Interest forms for both AAOHN and ASHA in order for NHCA to receive approval for continuing education credit. The Conflict of Interest forms will be included in your confirmation email following your Call for Papers submission. We strongly suggest that you complete the documents as soon as possible.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PANEL/POSTER PRESENTATIONS: JULY 31, 2013!