Lincoln Electric introduces Lincolnweld® 842-H™, a submerged arc flux designed to meet the specific welding requirements for the offshore construction industry. Great for typical offshore welding joints with narrow groove angles and heavy wall thickness, Lincolnweld 842-H has excellent slag detachability, superior bead profile and smoothness.
• Ultra-Low Diffusible Hydrogen – Less than 3 mL/100g of deposited weld metal in DC and AC polarities
• Consistent Impact Toughness – Impact toughness capable of exceeding CVN values of 160 J (118 ft•lbs) at -60˚C (-76˚F) in the body and cap pass for consistent CTOD toughness
• Outstanding Bead Profile – Smooth bead profile with low entry angles especially desirable for cap pass welding in fatigue sensitive applications
• Excellent AC and DC Operation – High current capacity for single or multiple arc configurations
• High Operator Appeal – Excellent slag detachment and wash-out
• Robust Design – Allows for consistent deposit composition in a central recovery system
This neutral welding flux lowers the risk for delayed cracking and is capable of exceeding impact toughness requirements at -60˚C (-76˚F) and Crack Tip Open Displacement toughness at -10˚C (14˚F).
To request a copy of Lincoln Electric’s Lincolnweld 842-H product literature, call 888.355.3213 or visit www.lincolnelectric.com to obtain bulletin’s C5.10.44.
About Lincoln Electric
Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc welding systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment and has a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Lincoln has 45 manufacturing locations, including operations and joint ventures in 19 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices covering more than 160 countries. For more information about Lincoln Electric and its products and services, visit www.lincolnelectric.com.