What: FREE Webinar
When: On Demand until May 18, 2018
Understanding Global Hand Protection Standards
This webinar focuses on ANSI/ISEA 105-2016, EN 388, and why these multiple standards co-exist. Dan Shipp, President of the International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA), will preview upcoming standards additions on anti-vibration, dorsal impact, and labeling. Dan has been the senior staff officer of ISEA since 1993. ISEA develops consensus product standards and conducts market information programs for its members and users of personal protection equipment.
- Introduction to ISEA
- profile of what we do, who we represent
- Relationship between ANSI/ISEA 105-2016 and EN 388
- Why multiple standards co-exist; brief history
- Describe similarities and differences in content/performance characteristics covered by respective standards
- ANSI/ISEA 105-2016 – describe significant changes from 2011 edition
- Cut-resistance levels
- Puncture assessment for needlestick
- Abrasion resistance changes
- Other characteristics covered and overview of what is not addressed
- EN 388 – describe significant changes from previous edition
- Cut-resistance assessments
- Impact resistance
- Other characteristics covered
- On the horizon for ANSI/ISEA 105
- Dorsal impact
Gardware® gloves from LFS Glove are exceptionally comfortable. Flexible coatings and ergonomic shaping reduce hand fatigue, increase productivity and reduce injuries by improving worker compliance.
MCR Safety has over forty years of experience as a leader in the field of personal protective equipment (PPE).
Offering trusted protection inside and out, SW Safety Solutions Inc. (SWSS) creates unique products that keep users safe, while making their lives easier.