Honeywell announces hearing conservation toolbox mobile application
One-stop information resource for workplace hearing safety for use on Apple iPad®
Noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) is a major concern of safety managers, affecting approximately 22 million U.S. workers and costing $242 million annually in workers’ compensation, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Developed in close cooperation with audiologists and safety professionals, Honeywell’s new Howard Leight Hearing Conservation Toolbox mobile application for iPad® is an easily accessible point-of-use resource of interactive tools and educational materials for safety managers to use in support of workplace hearing safety programs.
Subtitled “Hearing Conservation Starts Here,” the app features the latest information on the risks of occupational noise, hearing conservation program best practices, and practical instruction on the testing, selection, fitting, and use of hearing protection. The app offers instant access to:
- Hearing conservation program information and checklists on NIHL, ear anatomy, regulations, choosing and fitting hearing protectors and more;
- Informative articles written by Honeywell audiologists based on their experience hosting hundreds of “Howard Leight® HearForever™: Best Practices in Effective Hearing Conservation” seminars about preventing job-related hearing loss;
- Educational videos on the auditory system, the personal effects of NIHL, the importance of fit testing, and more;
- A “Noise Thermometer” infographic that quickly communicates the impact of exposure to both on- and off-the-job sources of noise by mapping the sound levels to a thermometer illustration;
- An interactive “Noise Wheel” explaining the factors, such as fit, protection, size, and comfort, to consider when choosing hearing protection products;
- Hearing protector fit instructions, illustrations, tips, and videos demonstrating the proper wear and use of earplugs and earmuffs;
- Maintenance and care information for earplugs and earmuffs to ensure the effectiveness of hearing protectors;
- Details of Honeywell’s VeriPRO earplug fit-testing system which enables safety managers to easily create an accurate, real-world picture of their employees’ hearing protection;
- Complete catalog of hearing protection products with attenuation ratings and a dealer locator with where-to-buy information.
Download the new Honeywell Hearing Conservation Toolbox mobile app for iPad® from iTunes at http://hwll.co/HearingApp.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
About Honeywell Industrial Safety
Honeywell Industrial Safety (HIS), part of Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions, provides comprehensive solutions to help organizations manage workplace safety in an increasingly complex world. HIS helps organizations with connected, real-time safety intelligence to respond to safety threats, manage risk to the business and improve productivity. In addition to offering the broadest range of industrial safety products — from personal protection gear for a worker’s eyes, ears and head, to fall protection harnesses and respiratory protection, software, first responder gear and toxic gas monitors — HIS helps organizations make better decisions by connecting sensors throughout customers' operations to deliver an accurate picture of safety at all times.