A popular Washington, D.C. hotel has come under fire for exposing its employees to hazards ranging from falls to potentially harmful chemicals. In response to a complaint, OSHA inspectors conducted an investigation at the Wardman Hotel LLC, doing business as Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, and found:
- Inadequate personal protective equipment for employees working with chemical products.
- Deficiencies with the documentation of the OSHA 300 log.
- Failure to report a worker hospitalization to OSHA within 24 hours.
- Employees cleaning with compressed air in excess of 30 pounds per square inch.
- Electrical hazards.
- Deficiencies with the hotel's energy control program.
- Fall hazards as high as four feet.
- Deficiencies in the hotel's bloodborne pathogen and hazard communication programs.