Customized design and installation of an industrial dust collector are critical for optimal performance, safe operation and fast return on investment. Camfil APC offers a range of dust testing services to help manufacturers understand the characteristics of dusts produced during their operation and make informed decisions about equipment, filter cartridges and engineered controls to mitigate dust hazards.
Camfil APC’s dust testing services include:
- Particle size analysis to determine the filtration efficiency required to meet emissions standards.
- Video microscopy to identify dust shape and characteristics for selecting the proper equipment for a specific application.
- Pycnometry to identify the dust’s true specific gravity, which helps to determine the efficiency of cyclonic-type dust collectors.
- Abrasion testing to determine the optimal design of dust-handling components like valves, inlets and ductwork.
- Terminal velocity testing to determine the air velocity required to lift the dust, which helps in selecting the correct filter housing size.
In addition to dust analysis, Camfil APC offers ASHRAE/ANSI Standard 199 testing to provide manufacturers with real-world comparison data on emissions, pressure drop, compressed air usage, energy consumption and emission readings for Camfil APC dust collectors used in specific applications.
Click here for more information about Camfil APC's dust testing services.
About Camfil APC
Camfil APC is a leading global manufacturer of dust, fume and mist collection equipment and is part of Camfil, the world’s largest air filtration company. For further information, contact Camfil APC at 1-800-479-6801 (U.S./Canada) or 1-870-933-8048 (Latin America); email email@example.com, web www.camfilapc.com.