Michigan’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) posted the preliminary details of the incident:

“A two person crew was getting set to replace an electrical pole and while removing the new pole from their truck, contacted the overhead 7200-volt electrical line with the truck boom causing a 51-year-old journeyman line worker at the back of the truck to be electrocuted.”

The worker was taken to a local medical center, where he was pronounced dead.

The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) is conducting an investigation.

The employer of the victim, Consumers Energy, is also conducting an investigation.

“As we take the safety of our employees very seriously, the entire Consumers Energy family is grieving the loss of our coworker,” the company stated. “We extend our deepest sympathies to his loved ones affected by the tragedy.”

Source:  www.e-hazard.com