The comment period is now open for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) proposed objectives for Healthy People (HP) 2030. This includes proposed core objectives for Occupational Safety and Health (OSH).
This public comment period is an opportunity to provide input on the proposed HP2030 objectives or suggestions for new objectives.
The proposed OSH Core Objectives are:
- OSH-2030-01: Reduce deaths from work-related injuries in all industries
- OSH-2030-02: Reduce nonfatal work-related injuries resulting in one or more days away from work, as reported by employers
- OSH-2030-03: Reduce pneumoconiosis deaths
- OSH-2030-04: Reduce work-related assaults
- OSH 2030-05: Reduce the rate of elevated blood lead levels in adults with work-related lead exposure
- OSH 2030-06: Reduce occupational skin diseases or disorders among full-time workers
- OSH-2030-07: Reduce new cases of occupational hearing loss
Previous public comments on the proposed Healthy People 2030 framework helped shape the vision, mission, foundational principles, plan of action, and overarching goals for Healthy People 2030.
In response to stakeholder input, Healthy People 2030 will be a streamlined set of national health objectives guiding the Nation in efforts to improve health. Heathy People 2030 will continue to represent critical public health priorities by addressing the leading causes of morbidity and mortality and driving action at the national, state, and local levels.