Every day in the United States, 11 workers are seriously injured or die from a 100% preventable injury—heat stress. The World Bank estimates that annual US heat-induced labor productivity losses were over $76 billion in 2010 and are on track to exceed a whopping $584 billion by 2030! Magid, a leading manufacturer of personal protective equipment innovations, announced today that it will host a unique event on industrial heat safety on July 13th at 11am CDT – Cracking the Code on Industrial Heat Safety. This virtual webinar will include some of the world’s most respected experts on heat illness prevention, discussing heat safety in the industrial space, with a focus on common heat illness causes and easy prevention tips you can implement. Speakers include:
- Dr. Douglas Casa, PHD, ATC, FACSM, FNATA, FNAK is a renowned heat expert and author from the University of Connecticut and the Korey Stringer Institute (KSI). The mission of KSI is to provide research, education, advocacy, and consultation, to maximize performance, optimize safety, and prevent sudden death for the laborer, warfighter, and athlete.
- Margret Morrissey is the Director of Occupational Safety from the University of Connecticut and KSI and the President of the National Heat Safety Coalition. Her primary research interests focus on prevention of heat-related illnesses and injuries in working populations, exertional heat stroke, and thermoregulatory responses while working in the heat.
- Matt Block is the Director of Health & Safety Services at Magid Glove and Safety. He serves as a technical advisor on OSHA compliance issues and sits on numerous safety regulatory committees including the International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Chris Valletta is the Co-Founder and President of MISSION, a textile engineering firm specializing in the development of instant body cooling gear. He is also an award-winning entrepreneur, author, media contributor, and former NFL Player.
- Additional expert speakers from Magid:
- Sarah Anderson is the Director of Product Management at Magid, responsible for managing the strategic direction of products.
- Gary Cohen is the Director of Strategic Sourcing at Magid, responsible for leading product sourcing, design, development, quality and innovation.
- Adrianna Carrera is a Product Management Specialist at Magid, responsible for driving the Magid® Cool Powered by Mission® product line.
Participants in this 90-minute virtual session will:
- Learn about the various types of exertional heat illness, occupational factors contributing to exertional heat illness, and preventative strategies to protect workers from occupational heat strain
- Receive expert advice on the unique challenges of industrial heat safety
- Learn about the game-changing heat safety solutions available now and get a sneak peek at innovations in development
- Be the first to hear about the upcoming National Heat Safety Coalition and what it means for industrial heat safety
All attendees will receive a FREE Heat Safety Resource Bundle and Certificate of Completion that can be submitted for CEU certification hours*.