Auto industry group targets safety
February 8, 2001
The Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG), representing more than 1,600 automotive and truck manufacturers and their suppliers, has set up an Occupational Health & Safety Steering Committee to oversee work groups that will develop guidelines and standards in these areas:
- Industrial truck operator restraint and pedestrian safety guidelines;
- Machine/energy controls best practices;
- Industrial guarding of machinery guideline;
- Handling of hazardous materials guidelines; and
- Optimum shipping and receiving system.
AIAG members interested in joining the work groups can contact Ron Tillinger at (248) 358-3570.