eGRID is a comprehensive air emissions database of electric power plants in the United States, including emissions data on nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide and mercury. The new edition of eGRID now also provides emissions data on two greenhouse gases, methane and nitrous oxide.
Power Profiler is a user-friendly online tool that helps consumers see how their individual energy use is impacting air emissions. Using data from eGRID, Power Profiler calculates how much nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide and carbon dioxide are emitted from electricity use.
Through eGRID, you can:
- Use emission rates for calculations based on electricity use (carbon footprinting, greenhouse gas inventories);
- Find out which plants emit the most and least pollution in the country;
- Examine the emissions and fuel mix of different electric generating companies; and
- Use the information for academic papers and research projects.
- See the air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions impact of electricity used in your home or business;
- See the fuel mix of electric generation in your region of the country;
- Compare these figures to national averages; and
- Learn how to reduce emissions through greater energy efficiency and use of renewable energy.
For more information about Power Profiler, visithttp://www.epa.gov/powerprofiler.