Air Cycle Corporation is pleased to announce the next generation of our award winning Bulb Eater® lamp crushing machine - The Bulb Eater® 3 with Intelli Technology. In less than 1 second, The Bulb Eater® 3 system crushes spent fluorescent lamps of any length, u-tubes, and CFL’s into 100% recyclable material, while capturing over 99.99% of the vapors released! The system, which is mounted to a 55-gallon drum, can hold up to 1350 4’ fluorescent lamps. A five-stage filtering process removes hazardous particulates and vapors. A recent study showed non-detectable levels of emitted mercury vapor even after crushing 1700 lamps. A digital control panel gives the operator added security by monitoring various aspects of the machine to better ensure operator safety.
What are the new Intelli Technology onboard controls?
- Multiple sensing points that assist with machine diagnostics and maintenance/filter change outs.
- LCD display that displays which mode the machine is in and any defaults that may occur.
What comprises the new 5-stage filtering system?
- Cyclone separator filters most of the particulates back into the drum.
- Upgraded cartridge filter catches any fine particles (2nd stage)
- Dual-action, replaceable HEPA filters remove fine particles (3rd & 5th stage).
- 4th stage Activated Carbon filter captures and neutralizes mercury vapors released during the controlled crushing of lamps
In addition to providing OSHA and ACGIH compliance, the Bulb Eater® 3 with Intelli Technology frees up valuable storage space normally filled with boxes of spent intact lamps, reduces handling and related labor costs, and typically cuts recycling costs by 50% or more.
About Air Cycle Corporation
Founded in 1978 and headquartered in the Chicago area, Air Cycle Corporation is a sustainable solutions and technologies company. We believe that people want innovative tools and services that are easy to use, improve results, save money, and are environmentally protective. Air Cycle is committed to developing those tools and services in order to help people, protect our environment, and create opportunity for our team and partners.
From fluorescent lamp, ballast, battery, and e-waste recycling, to food waste diversion, to cleaning and sanitizing systems, our products and services are designed to enable you to implement a comprehensive environmental program for your facility.
For more information on the Bulb Eater 3 with Intelli Technology and a comprehensive recycling and product proposal, visit www.aircycle.com/bulb-eater-3/ or call 800-909-9709.