The American Society of Safety Engineers is offering a virtual symposium to help occupational safety and health professionals better understand the sweeping changes OSHA recently made to its final rule on Walking-Working Surfaces and Personal Fall Protection standards in relation to slip, trip and fall hazards.
The virtual symposium consists of four individual webcast sessions available at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. DST on Friday, Dec. 16, 2016. The cost is $135 for ASSE members and $165 for non-members.
The final rule, which takes effect on January 17, 2017, includes revised and new information that addresses everything from fixed ladders and fall protection systems to training and design requirements. The supporting materials in the rule also references over a dozen ANSI/ASSE industry standards. As a special bonus, people who register for the virtual symposium will get electronic access to most all of the ANSI/ASSE standards referenced in the new OSHA standard, which is a $1,000 savings. Here is what is included:
- ANSI/ASSE A10.11-2010 Safety Requirements for Personnel & Debris Nets
- ANSI/ASSE A10.18-2007 (R2012) Safety Requirements for Temporary Floor Holes, Wall Openings, Stairways & Other Unprotected Edges
- ANSI/ASSE A10.32-2012 Personal Fall Protection Used in Construction and Demolition Operations
- ANSI/ASSE A10.8-2011 Scaffolding Safety Requirements
- ANSI/ASSE A1264.1-2007 Safety Requirements for Workplace Walking/Working Surfaces & Their Access; Workplace Floor, Wall & Roof Openings; Stairs & Guardrails Systems
- ANSI/ASSE A1264.2-2012 Standard for the Provision of Slip Resistance on Walking/Working Surfaces
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.0-2012 Definitions & Nomenclature Used for Fall Protection & Fall Arrest
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.1-2007 Safety Requirements for Personal Fall Arrest Systems, Subsystems & Components
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.12-2009 Connecting Components for Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.2-2007 Minimum Requirements for a Comprehensive Managed Fall Protection Program
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.3-2007 Safety Requirements for Positioning & Travel Restraint Systems
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.4-2013 - Safety Requirements for Assisted-Rescue and Self-Rescue Systems, Subsystems and Components
- ANSI/ASSE Z490.1-2016 Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training