Training/Incentives

Small businesses exposed to racial, sexual harassment lawsuits

The number one concern of small business HR Departments (small businesses typically employing 10-500 workers) is exposure to workplace litigation risks not being addressed.

Read More

Comments on replacing an aging EHS profession

I would echo that in the next 5-10 years we will lose a very large portion of our experienced professionals. The numbers in my company reflect the same. We could lose 70% of our SHE pros in 7 years. Universities are not able to attract quality students to SHE programs.

Read More

Many fire departments in U.S. lack safety essentials, according to NFPA

Firefighters in many fire departments across the U.S. lack basic health and safety protections, adding unnecessary risks to an already risky occupation, according to an assessment released last week by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).

Read More

Combustible dust Q&A with the Chemical Safety Board

These questions were submitted from the audience at ISHN’s Sept. 28 webinar on combustible dust lessons learned from CSB investigations.

Read More

Centennial mine rescue competition is largest ever

In what the U.S. Department of Labor is calling the largest gathering of its kind, more than 100 mine rescue teams from around the country competed last week in the 2011 National Mine Rescue, First Aid, Bench and Preshift Competition in Columbus, Ohio.

Read More

“Thank you” Power

Far-reaching results of two simple words
Recently, I called customer service for a company I do business with.

Read More

Safety sign selection

Message clarity is crucial; plus location, location, location
Safety signs are a necessary component for warning and communicating messages or notices to employees and customers. 

Read More

Teach your children

Risk communication principles are identical for kids and adults
This past April, a retired teacher posted this comment on risk communication expert Peter Sandman’s Guestbook on his web  site www.psandman.com/gst2011.htm#children.

Read More

Don’t dismiss hidden safety traps

Use JHAs to uncover latent organizational errors
The concepts for Human Performance Improvement (HPI) have been advocated for use in safety programs for a number of years. 

Read More

Tear down the walls

You cannot reach executives without diplomacy & trust
How can top leaders be unaware of illegal practices, like the Murdoch organizational problems in Great Britain with the hacking of cell phones and paying off of police? 

Read More

STAY CONNECTED

Facebook logo Twitter YouTubeLinkedIn Google + icon

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

ASSE Safety 2014 Review

A gallery of photos from the sprawling Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, where ASSE’s annual professional development conference was held June 8-11. All photos courtesy of the American Society of Safety Engineers.

9/30/14 2:00 pm EST

Leveraging Sustainability Initiatives to Benefit Your Community and Increase Compliance

This webinar will review how General Motors' Sustainability initiatives are being leveraged to improve the community and the environment, create efficient energy programs, improve sustainability tracking, impact on processes and overall reporting and improve overall social, environmental and corporate sustainability.

ISHN Magazine

ISHN SEPTEMBER 2014 COVER

2014 September

ISHN'S September issue features a series of essay on thought leadership. Get expert advice on self-motivation, compliance and more!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

THE ISHN STORE

M:\General Shared\__AEC Store Katie Z\AEC Store\Images\ISHN\safetyfourth.jpg
Safety Engineering, 4th Edition

A practical, solutions-driven reference, Safety Engineering, 4th edition, has been completely revised and updated to reflect many of today’s issues in safety.

More Products

For Distributors Only - SEPTEMBER 2014

ISHN FDO SEPTEMBER 2014For Distributors Only is ISHN's niche brand standard-sized magazine supplement aimed at an audience of 2,000 U.S. distributors that sell safety products. Circulation only goes to distributors. CHECK OUT THE SEPTEMBER 2014 ISSUE OF FDO HERE

ishn infographics

2012 US workplace deathsCheck out ISHN's new Infographic page! Learn more about worker safety through these interactive images. CLICK HERE to view the page.