AIHA Past President Lorenzo honored for her service
The American Industrial Hygiene Association® (AIHA) honored the contributions of Past President Christine A.D. Lorenzo, CIH, on May 26, 2016 at the 2016 American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce) in Baltimore, Maryland. Lorenzo has been integral in building upon the Association's 77-year legacy.
Lorenzo began her service on AIHA's Board of Directors in 2005. She has served on multiple committees, including safety, finance, and construction. Lorenzo was president of the organization in 2014-2015 and capped her decade-long service with the Board of Directors as the Association's past president during the course of the last year.
"A treasured highlight"
"The decade long service I have had with AIHA's Board of Directors has been absolutely wonderful," said Lorenzo. "Without a doubt, serving alongside our vibrant community of dedicated volunteers to promote worker health and safety has been a treasured highlight of my career. Part of me will always call AIHA home."
Also of note, Past Director Chris L. Laszcz-Davis, MS, CIH, completed her term of service with AIHA's leadership, having served on the Board of Directors since 2013. An active member of the Association for two decades, she has participated on several AIHA committees, including risk assessment, respiratory protection, and emerging issues.
"The history and reputation of AIHA is built on the dedication of our members and Board of Directors," said AIHA Past President Daniel H. Anna, PhD, CIH, CSP. "We are so grateful for all of Chris Lorenzo's and Chris Laszcz-Davis' hard work. To say I have enjoyed working alongside them would be an understatement."
At the conclusion of AIHce, the new AIHA Board of Directors includes:
- President - Steven E. Lacey, PhD, CIH, CSP
- President-elect - Deborah Imel Nelson, PhD, CIH
- Vice President - Cynthia A. Ostrowski, MS, CIH, FAIHA
- Past President - Daniel H. Anna, PhD, CIH, CSP
- Treasurer - J. Lindsay Cook, CIH, CSP
- Secretary - Kathleen S. Murphy, CIH
- Secretary-elect - Michael Rosenow, MPH, CIH, CSP
- Director - Joselito S. Ignacio, MA, MPH, CIH, CSP, REHS
- Director - Cathy Hovde, CIH, CSP
- Director - Donna S. Heidel, CIH
- Director - Jennifer Sahmel, MPH, CIH, CSP
- Director - Nancy M. McClellan, CIH, CHMM, MPH
- Director - Dina Mary Siegel, CIH, CSP, CBSP
- Interim Executive Director - Nancy Green, FASAE, CAE