Honeywell (NYSE:HON) today launched the Honeywell BW Solo, a connected, serviceable, single-gas monitor with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity that provides real-time visibility into the status and safety of hazardous-area workers, helping companies respond faster and more decisively to safety incidents.
Safety threats such as gas leaks can appear suddenly and unexpectedly, and studies indicate that workers often remain silent in the face of danger. A survey by the environmental services company Antea Group reports that almost half of all workers indicate they are uncomfortable about reporting workplace dangers.
BW Solo simplifies and automates the incident reporting process by connecting workers and supervisors in real time to provide near instantaneous updates of gas concentration levels and worker location. Workers and supervisors can stay in constant communication, even if they are thousands of miles away. In the event of a gas event or other safety incident, this real-time connectedness can aid safety managers in responding faster to mitigate—or even prevent—safety incidents with potentially catastrophic outcomes.
“Our connected worker solutions provide customers with a wireless ecosystem to enable real-time monitoring in the field. This gives workers confidence that someone has their back, and enables supervisors to gain greater visibility to emerging gas threats,” said Whitney Hornby, Global Product Manager, Single Gas Portables for Honeywell’s Industrial Safety business. “Our new gas detector goes beyond meeting the basic compliance standard typical of most single-gas detectors, and offers the prospect of increased safety and productivity gains on the jobsite. It can generate immediate alerts and create digital reports on the fly, which eliminates hours of tedious paperwork associated with compliance reporting.”
Key features of Honeywell BW Solo include:
- Comprehensive gas family: 14 sensors are available to detect both standard and exotic gases
- Optional Bluetooth-enabled cloud connectivity and downloadable app manages and stores fleet data automatically, enables remote notification and bi-directional communications
- Enhanced device management and automated reporting offered by IntelliDoX instrument management system (sold separately) with free Windows-based software, Honeywell Safety Suite Device Configurator; with additional capabilities (e.g. dashboards, email notifications, multi-site management) offered through cloud-based Honeywell Safety Suite Device Manager
- IntelliFlash™ pulsing light indicates sensor functionality and compliance status
- IntelliDoX docking/charging station (sold separately) automates fleet management, generates compliance records, alarm history and events, calibration certificates and more
- Serviceable design reduces ownership costs through longer operating life, maintenance ease, expanded gas family and automated compliance records
Honeywell manufactures the industry’s most comprehensive, advanced gas detection instrumentation and software under the Honeywell, Honeywell BW and Honeywell RAE Systems brands, and provides training and technical support to protect people, assets and environment from toxic and combustible gas hazards around the world. Honeywell’s wireless, connected gas detection solutions in fixed, portable and transportable configurations can be found at millions of points of detection every day in upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas; semiconductor manufacturing; water treatment; food refrigeration and commercial building applications.
For more information, please visit https://www.honeywellanalytics.com/en/products/BW-Solo; email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-538-0363. View the product video at https://pages8.honeywell.com/BWSolo-Five-Innovations.html
Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) provides products, software and connected solutions that improve productivity, workplace safety and asset performance for our customers across the globe. We deliver on this promise through industry-leading mobile devices, software, cloud technology and automation solutions, the broadest range of personal protective equipment and gas detection technology, and custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls. We also manufacture and sell a broad portfolio of footwear for work, play and outdoor activities, including XtraTufTM and Muck BootTM brand footwear.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.